Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Matthew Kirkcaldie Matthew Kirkcaldie is offline

Default Trying to match small AC transformer - 240V primary 12.8V secondary

In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

Almost certainly, replacing this tranny with a substitute, will cause no
problems at all, but I think that you should be aware of exactly what you
are doing for your own peace of mind. For what its worth, as a professional
repairer with a legal duty of care to the public, I would never substitute a
transformer that is going to run 24 hours a day, as a standby tranny is, nor
would I recommend others to do so. At the very least, I would try to check,
through the suppliers or even directly with the manufacturers, that any
tranny you intend to use is rated for continuous operation. I would also
contact a Yamaha spares agent to check the price and availability of a
genuine replacement, after you have proven that all is well by checking with
your substitute in place. Not trying to put you off or anything, just advice

Thanks Arfa, wise words there and I will certainly think it over.