Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cap'n Cap'n is offline

Default Light switch wiring question..

On 3 Mar, 13:56, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Lurch
writes

You need a new switch, and soe rearrangement of the wires so you have
2 in one common terminal terminal and 3 in the other rather than 4 in
one.

3 wires in each common, since a link wire will still be needed.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

So - as the 'link' wire (I assume the wire going from one terminal to
the other) is one of the four, I'd take *1* out of the original common
and put it in the 2nd common (giving 2 in there, and leaving 3 in the
original common - with those other two (single red and single yellow)
as they are.

Mark