Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cap'n Cap'n is offline

Default Light switch wiring question..

On 3 Mar, 11:11, "Cap'n" wrote:
Hi... The other day my bathroom light/fan switch (double switch/single
gang), got burning hot to the touch. I pulled the fuse & unscrewed the
switch - you can see it here (hope this works!):

[IMG]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k251/Captain_Black_/
DSCN0666.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see, there are 4 incoming red wires , and 1 yellow. There
is also 1 red going from one terminal to another. Three of the red
wires go into the same terminal, & it looks like it's here that the
problem started (if you tilted the switch upwards & looked at it head-
on, the left switch is for the single light, and the right switch is
for the second light + the extractor fan).

What I don't understand is if this was supposed to *be* like this (and
has been working as such), why this happened?

Can anyone offer advice?

Cheers ... Mark

OK - got that a bit wrong...maybe this:

a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"img src="http://
i90.photobucket.com/albums/k251/Captain_Black_/DSCN0666.jpg"
border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"/a

And also there *4* of the wires go into that one terminal...don't know
how I missed that!!

Cheers ... Mark