Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Easy list of building regs applicable to houses converted to2 flats?

Hank wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:29:32 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Not retrospective, however IME what can and does cause a problem if is
there's a Change of Use, which is the case here, surely? That means that
modern regs will apply - obviously only insofar as it's possible in an
old property; however I suspect it will be very much down to the
interpretation of the individual BCO as to how much he will insist upon
and what he will let you get away with. Therefore pretty much
impossible to provide a checklist of what you need to do.

Thanks for the input. If you are right,

Sorry just ignore me... what I was saying would be the scenario if you
were carrying out the conversion now, not 15 years ago.

Is this not one of those situations where your solicitor just tells you
to buy a 100 GBP insurance policy to cover any eventuality arising from
lack of Building Regs approval, but otherwise you do nothing? I'm sure
others can and will comment.

David