Old Nick

Default Alternative Fuels (was Cliff's Magic Bowl -10 inch OD 30 inch OD Circumference)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 03:07:04 -0500, Gary Coffman
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

OK. Thanks.

Hailstorms. That would be an interesting insurance fight.

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:53:22 +0800, Old Nick wrote:
OK. So the cells are OK after 7 years. Do they _last_ this long....on
_average_ under "normal average" use? I doubt it.

Barring things like hail storms, yes, they last longer than 7 years on average.
In fact, degradation of output doesn't get really serious until about 20 years
for single crystaline cells. Don't know if the cheaper polycrystaline last as long,
but they likely do. Amorphous cells don't last that long, but they are the cheapest
of all.

Gary

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?