Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Replace 3-pin with 2-pin shaver plug

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:47:09 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:29:03 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
mused:

I've got a Wahl hair clipper set with 3-pin plug but it would be a lot
more convenient if I could plug it into the shaver socket instead of
dragging out the extension cable.

The lead is twin flex. The plug (marked 13A) has a 3A fuse and the
unit is rated at 240v 9W.

Is there any reason not to put a two pin shaver plug on it?

Technically not. The shaver socket will most probably be rated at
about 20VA so should be fine.

I'm sure there are probably other reasons why you shouldn't do it
though.

I suppose I might in theory invalidate the guarantee.

--
AnthonyL