Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Light-colored weed barrier?

What's wrong with chemicals? Round up and reward to kill the live stuff,
and some good Pre-M to prevent the new. done deal.

--
Steve Barker

"Jennifer" wrote in message
s.com...
My home in Arizona has a front yard skimpily covered in pale tan
stone, and there are just TONS of weeds all the time during the
growing season. I pull everything I can see (roots and all, of
course), and literally the next day, they're already back. I know I
need more stone, and I know it will have to be tan again, within a
couple of shades (HOA regulations). I would like to rake back what
rock is there, cover the ground with a weed barrier, and then re-cover
with old and new rock, but all the weed barrier fabric I've found so
far is black. I suppose that if there's enough stone, it won't matter
much, but I would really prefer to find something that won't stand out
so much if the stone is disturbed.

Has anyone ever seen weed barrier fabric in a color other than black?
Or have any other suggestions that don't involve the use of chemicals?

--
Jennifer