Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

"Andrew" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm rehabbing a bathroom on the second floor of my old house in
Philadelphia, and I'm running all new supply lines. I'll be tapping
into copper in the basement, and I have a wide open chase to get to
the second floor. What should I run? Copper is getting awfully
expensive these days, and I'm curious about the cpvc and pex. The
simplicity really appeals to me. What's the word on the reliability
of the plastics? Are they really easier to work with? What about
durability? Am I going to have to make sure that all the connections
are easily accessible? I'm just curious about general opinions people
have and what to watch out for. Thanks,

Andrew

I'll take copper over PEX any day. PEX is along the same lines as all the
disposable products that are dominating the market. It's just another low
cost item to make somebody more Money. It's probably a very small factor in
the price of a house. PRICE, TIME, QUALITY any two but not all three. Best
not to feed the mice use copper.