Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automatic Garage Door Opening/Closing Problems

On Mar 2, 8:49 pm, wrote:
On Mar 2, 8:15 pm, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:

RBM wrote:
It sounds like the limit switches need to be readjusted. At the
moment the door reaches bottom or top, a limit switch should stop the
motor

Or replaced. In any case that seems to be the problem. Take a good
look at the wires to make sure they are intact.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I don't think there are limit switches in any current vintage garage
door openers. They measure movement by counting pulses from the gear
drive.

Also meant to say, it doesn't sound like an adjustment issue either.
If the limits are out of whack, the unit should still stop after going
a bit farther than it should. You would also think the force sensing
system would stop the door He says the motor won't stop in either
direction unless he hits the switch. I guess he can try backing the
limit adjustment to min in each direction an see what happens.