Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Omni T6833NF TV Fault

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 06:30:25 GMT, Paul Waller
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi All,
TV has a raster but it pulls in in the middle of both sides. Have
checked out most of the caps with the ESR tester and the transistors and
diodes with my multimeter. I get some text on the screen FAV so is
displaying the internal generator OK. I don't have a circuit so what
should I try next?
Regards,
Paul. )

It sounds like a pincushion fault. E-W correction is usually (?)
applied by coupling a portion of the vertical parabola into the
horizontal output. Look for a part of the circuit where the H and V
sections meet, eg a small transformer, E-W correction IC. Otherwise
locate the datasheets for the major components, eg the jungle IC, and
study their application circuits.

- Franc Zabkar