Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

On Mar 2, 11:45 am, "George" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

t...

So considering the trunks alone, you'd need somewhere around fifty
saplings to
add the same amount of wood in a year as one mature tree.

Add in the branches, too, and I suspect the ratio probably approaches
100:1.

You also haven't considered the leaves...

Still think it's a wash? "Back of the envelope" calculations suggest
otherwise.

Guess you should talk to the foresters. They're deluded.

BTW, leaves are recycled fast, they're also a wash.

Next time you talk to some, how about if you get back to
us with some numbers?

You already mentioned that 17 young trees will grow where
a mature tree grows. Now we just need to know how many
pounds per year of wood each of those adds.

The NPS has figures for the Sequoias, but we want to look
at something like a 70 year old red oak vs 17 five year
olds I would guess.

--

FF

--