Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

On 2 Mar 2007 10:32:59 -0800, "Andrew"
wrote:

I'm rehabbing a bathroom on the second floor of my old house in
Philadelphia, and I'm running all new supply lines. I'll be tapping
into copper in the basement, and I have a wide open chase to get to
the second floor. What should I run? Copper is getting awfully
expensive these days, and I'm curious about the cpvc and pex. The
simplicity really appeals to me. What's the word on the reliability
of the plastics? Are they really easier to work with? What about
durability? Am I going to have to make sure that all the connections
are easily accessible? I'm just curious about general opinions people
have and what to watch out for. Thanks,

Andrew

My house is 10 years old and is all PEX with a manifold. To my
knowledge there has never been a leak. When we did a bath remodel it
was simple to work with. I can say PEX is a reliable product.

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison