Posted to alt.home.repair
Oughtsix Oughtsix is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

CPVP is the lease expensive way to go. Plex isn't all that expensive
until you start adding fittings. When I relocated our water heater
from under the stairs to our utility room I used cpvc. Copper would
have cost a fortune. The thing I noticed was that even thoug the
water heater was farther away hot water hit the faucets faster. I am
sure it is because it didn't have to heat up the copper along the way
every time a faucet was turned on. I would reccomend doing the whole
bathroom in CPVC. Do NOT do hot in CPVC and cold in PVC. It is not
worthe the headaches to mix the two.