Posted to alt.home.repair
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default sweat connections to old copper supply lines

On Mar 1, 5:29 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
"EXT" wrote in message

anews.com...

I would try tinning the pipe with solder, to ensure that you get it coated
before adding the fitting. While it is hot wipe excess solder with a cloth
rag to reduce the amount of solder build-up. Reflux. Add fitting, then
re-solder.

Yes. That's usually the best approach because you can inspect after wiping
and see if the coating is even.

Excellent! The tinning procedure worked, and the sweat connections
are holding so far. It's nice to be able to shower again!
I have a couple of other questions I'll launch in new threads I guess.