Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder Fred Holder is offline

Default Any of the "Budget" chucks compatible with Teknatool jaws?

To the best of my knowledge, the Original Oneway Chuck and the Oneway
Talon are the only chucks on which the jaws will interchange with the
NOVA Chucks. Considering the price of the Oneway chucks, you might as
well purchase a second NOVA. A less expensive NOVA chuck would be the
original NOVA with the two tommy bars or the new NOVA G3 chuck, which
is less expensive than the SuperNova2.

NOVA Chucks have been designed so that the jaws are interchangeable on
all of the chucks, except the Titon with the three screw holes in the
jaws. It will, however, use all of the other NOVA Chuck jaws.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

On Mar 2, 9:50 am, JoanD'arcRoast wrote:
I have one Supernova2 and five jaw sets. Rather than empty my pockets
for "Companion" chucks, I'd like to get a couple knockoffs for the Cole
jaws, and perhaps the 1" jaws... then I can keep the Bowl Jaws on the
nova all the time!

Gristly, State Penn, Horrible Fright, 'Pinnacle' @ Woodcrapt; who else
might have something? [sorry for the bad puns...]

luck,
-j