Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default fixing venetian blind to upvc window frame?

"Timbo" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi, some advice would be appreciated!

We've had an extension built and wish to fit a venetian blind (already
made to measure and delivered) into the window recess.

Unfortunately there is a steel lintel right above the plasterboard which
prevents me top mounting the blind in the way I've done before, using
plasterboard plugs. As the windows are upvc I'm really not sure about
making holes in the window frame, how to do it or whether it would work.
The builder has advised that the window company won't invalidate the
guarantee if I do this.

This must be a reasonably common problem - can someone advise? Is there
another solution using some kind of adhesive? ("No more nails?") And if
the answer is to make holes in the plastic window frame, any advice on how
to do it so it won't fall down?

Thanks.

--
Change red to blue in email address.
If the lintel is catnic or lintray type then the underside is only about

If it is an RSJ then not so easy but I have drilled and tapped RSJs for
fixings in the past though not when cased in plasterboard

Incidentally how was the plasterboard fixed to the lintel in the first
place?

Tony