Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Sony STR-DB940 help..

Ronald wrote:
With your help we found the short. it in two switching chips... I
need some help locating them.

Toshiba TC9273N-004 and TC9273N-013 these both got real warm and
one let out a puff of smoke so we nailed it.

Thanks for all your help if you have any insites... let me know

-Ron

snip.

Get the IC numbers off the board and you can get order them from Andrews
Electronics. Their number is 800-289-0300.

Also, I have seen the TC9273N-004 from Onkyo cheaper. Not sure about the
other. Their number is 800-229-1687. They can look up the generic Toshiba
numbers you gave - at least they've been able to when I called on one
before...

Mark Z.