Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Best WoodDorking Music

On Mar 1, 8:56 pm, tom watson wrote:
I'm in design phase now for a pretty much classical piece on the order
of a Townsend double chest.

As I'm sketching and scratching it is a great help to me to have Bach
the elder playing the Concerto #3 in G major: allegro in the
background.

It is exactly the right piece of music for this exercise and I am
playing it on a loop.

Most tunes would get boring used in this way - but not this piece by
brother Bach.

I wonder how many other guys put music to the task like this.

When working on a Townsend double chest, it is mandatory to listen to
The Who.

Okay, that was bad....

I listen to everything. I live by Glen Miller's credo: "If it sounds
good, it probably is."
But I do notice a difference in selection when I'm drawing vs
dimensioning boards on the planer. Grieg, Paganinni, Mozart, nothing
like a good fix of baroque to stimulate the creative juices.
But, in the shop, XM 40 (Deep Tracks) is almost always on. They play
the most eclectic old rock: Joe Walsh, Kinks, Who, Zep, Buffalo
Springfield, Neil, 10cc (10cc RULES!!) a lot of 'singable' stuff....

But.. I'll give BARRY's XM 80 a try today... I'll get back to you on
that...*G*