Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

In article , "George" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
So considering the trunks alone, you'd need somewhere around fifty
saplings to
add the same amount of wood in a year as one mature tree.

Add in the branches, too, and I suspect the ratio probably approaches
100:1.

You also haven't considered the leaves...

Still think it's a wash? "Back of the envelope" calculations suggest
otherwise.

Guess you should talk to the foresters. They're deluded.

If you have some actual figures to show that I'm wrong, post them.

BTW, leaves are recycled fast, they're also a wash.

Wrong again. They break down, sure, but a lot of the carbon they contain
enters the soil, not the atmosphere.

--
Regards,