Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:39:00 +0000, Clint Sharp
Gave us:

Aren't you reliant on the stability of the DVD player reference clock
for the stability of the test tones?

For audio? absolutely. It had nothing to do with the DVD player's
clock. There are several industry standard tones provided, and the
disc replaced hardware TV test generators for years.

It carries DTS and THX certified content.

That is the current reference standard for MPEG, if you know who
they are. That's good enough for me. I can verify the setup of my
FPD, and I can setup my stereo sicwith the audio diagnostic and
setup section.

I would suspect a GPS reference
would be considerably better. Of course, I could be wrong!

Hey, chucko! He didn't give a GPS source. You don't get to change
the scene, pal! A subsequent poster mentioned a GPS setup.