Default Alternative Fuels (was Cliff's Magic Bowl -10 inch OD 30 inch OD Circumference)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:53:22 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

OK. So the cells are OK after 7 years. Do they _last_ this long....on
_average_ under "normal average" use? I doubt it.

Modern PV is guaranteed to produce some percentage of its rated output
for (generally) 25 years. That's a pretty good indication that PV is a
reliable and long-lived technology. Here's the fine print from one
manufacturer http://www.solarexpert.com/Shell/1-warranty_US.pdf

Our own setup is 8 years old and shows no obvious degradation. I've
got hammer handles that didn't live that long. So quit doubting! ;-)

Wayne