Posted to alt.home.repair
Gini Gini is offline

Default Dark Specks on Dishes after Running Dishwasher

"mm" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

Had the same problem on my Bosch. Repairman said it was deteriorating
gaskets/hoses
from using too much detergent. I reduced the amt I use and problem has
ceased. FWIW:
Repairman also told me not to use gel detergents as they are also hard on
the hoses/gaskets.

These are both hard to believe.

==
I'll pass that on to the repair guy if I see him again.
==
How much more detergent were you
using than the right amount? 1/2 extra? Twice? 10 times?

==
Nope. I filled the cup rather than go by the marked lines.
==

If too much would damage them, I would think the right amount would
too.

==
Why?