Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default another question on wattage

I have never seen conflicting information like that, but maybe someone
replaced the sockets or there is some confusion between the fixture total
wattage and the individual socket wattage. In any case I would recommend
doing as you have done and go by the lowest rating.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

"Arkadiy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

Thanks for the clarifications with my question about energy saving
bulbs and wattage.

And while we are still on the subject, I would like to ask one more
related question...

I once bought a fixture made in Poland (I live in the US). The seller
told me I can use 60W bulbs. The fixture turned out to be marked for
use with 75W bulbs, and there was a sticker on each socket telling me
to use 40W bulbs.

I use 40W bulbs to be on the safe side, but...

What is the issue here? 220V versus 110V? Or something else?

Thanks,
Arkadiy