Posted to alt.home.repair
AntiSkidKidd AntiSkidKidd is offline

Default using energy-saving bulbs to get more light

wrote in message
ups.com...
Some of the light may be converted to heat when it
hits something, but that heat is not a problem for the fixture.

Ok, I stand corrected. I forgot that the energy that goes into making
light doesn't heat the lamp/fixture itself, but rather the walls/floor/
ceiling and people/pets/etc that it shines on.

add "corneas" & "retinas" of people that it shines on.

i wouldn't be surprised if years from now we
start reading more about people with vision problems
as a result of this obsession with more brighter &
brighter lights.

(like the sun worshippers getting more skin cancer
and cataracts - albeit it's UV vs. IR, why risk it?
military IR jammer pods are labeled with eye hazard
warnings by the way).