Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Calibration Of Electronic Equipment In The Home Workshop

In message , MassiveProng
writes
Joe Kane's audio video set up discs on Laser Disc, and DVD, and now
HD DVD are the bee's knees for a lot of audio spectrum sine wave
tones.

DVD $20, Player $40 TV and Audio gear already owned.

Aren't you reliant on the stability of the DVD player reference clock
for the stability of the test tones? I would suspect a GPS reference
would be considerably better. Of course, I could be wrong!

Catching it off some transmission has to be far more inaccurate.
Short wave receiver worth having $100 plus. Then add in audio gear?

Catching you thinking old is better than new after your brow beating
of BAH... priceless.

Hehehe... just kidding...

--
Clint Sharp