Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeroni Paul Jeroni Paul is offline

Default Purity problem in Panasonic TV

hr(bob) :
Is the degaussing circuit working. IF you are not sure, get hold of a
degausssing coil and manually degauss the CRT.

Thank you for replying.
It appears to be working according to the noise it makes at startup.

You don't say if this
is a new problem or was that waay from the beginning, and what might
have happened such as dropping the set, or unplugging a vacuum cleaner
right next to the set, or whatever. These are im[portant clues.

I know, but unfortunately I don't have this info since it came from
the scrap. A good starting point is that there was some evidence that
it was neven been opened.