Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Advice on carbon monoxide detector for home use?

On Feb 28, 3:07 pm, (Todd H.) wrote:
writes:
Hi all....

I'm in need on a CO detector for home use

I'm seeing many combo CO detectors....either a combo CO
and smoke.... or combo CO and natural gas unit.

Is there any value to buy such a combo unit or is it
best to have sep units for each function?

If combo units are good thing..... WHICH combo model?
the CO and smoke.... or CO and natural gas?

Kiddie Nighthawk plug in model, end of story. If you want reliable
non falsing CO detection, that's what 2 fire departments have
recommended to me.

--
Todd H. http://toddh.net/

I think a lot depends on what you already have. Just about
everywhere, smoke detectors are already required, at least one on each
level. So, if you have more than one smoke detector and already meet
code reqts, you may want to make an additional unit a combo NG one.
However, I'd always give first priority to CO, because NG is much
easier to detect, having an obvious odor at concentrations an order of
magnitude below the combustible level.