Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

Default Dark Specks on Dishes after Running Dishwasher

If the vacuum break or high loop is not installed in the dishwasher drain
line, dirty water and debris could be drawn back through the drain line into
the dishwasher.

"Jeffy3" wrote in message
oups.com...
A friend of mine who knows I am good with google groups asked me to
see if I could get help for his problem. He sometimes gets little
dark specks on his plates after running the dishwasher, and they are
such that they actually smear on the plates if you try to flick them
off. What's weird is that it's the second dishwasher this has been
happening to him with. In his old apartment, the same thing would
somehow happen, and now in the house he bought a couple of years ago
it is happening again. He uses powder detergent. I thought maybe he
is putting something in there that is corroding (like a rubber
spatula) or a burn frying pan but he said no. ANy thoughts?