Posted to uk.d-i-y
Julian Julian is offline

Default Aldi Air Compressor

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message o.uk...
Aldi have a 2.5HP Air Compressor at under £60 and a range of air
tools at bargain prices http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/

As a business, you would need to comply with the Pressure Systems
Safety Regulations 2000 if you buy one.

As a business. I'm not going to buy one. As an individual I simply posted
to UK-DIY as a matter of interest - in case someone was looking for a
compressor. Information that's all. Just trying to be helpful.

As an aside, if like me you have a spray gun with a decent size nozzle (not
the freebee DIY things that ship with the comps.) and a needle de-scaler
etc, then you'll find that you spend too much time waiting for these little
compressor to catch up.

I've overcome the problem by having two of these cheap compressors running
together - just use a 'Y' piece to couple their outputs up. It's cheaper
than one 3HP compressor and you don't run into problems blowing 13A fuses as
is possible with 3HP units.

Julian.