Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.tv.this-old-house
slakka slakka is offline

Default Silencing a door once and for all!!

On Feb 26, 2:12 pm, "slakka" wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:51 am, "C & E" wrote:

"EXT" wrote in message

tanews.com...

All steel doors, especially with steel frames come with a gasket or at
minimum, rubber bumpers on the frame to contact the door. If whatever
resilient material the door was built with, it should be replaced with
replacement items to the manufacturer's design. A closer would also help.

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message
In article . com,
"slakka" wrote:

Dear NG,
Next month in N.Y.C. housing court I will finally have the opportunity
to get a correction in writing regarding a neighbors door that is been
a violation of my warrant of habitability for years. Can any of you
please recommend a course of action that would render a heavy steel
door closing into a heavy steel doorframe complete silent??

snip
I believe this posters solution is saying that the original gasket material
eventually compresses or is torn off and must be replaced with the original
type of material.

Another course is to contact the manufacturer or dealer of the door and ask
the same question. That way you have another offering for the judge to base
his decision. You should be able to find the name of the manufacturer on
the edge of the door or stamped on the hinge plate. If not, call any door
dealer with the same questions. 1)Can you hel me fisx this door and 2) What
do your doors offer in quiet closing and what's the cost of it installed.- Hide quoted text -

Brand reads "Maxtchem" but I can't google any info on them. Maybe im

misspelling?