Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

D Smith wrote:
D Smith writes:

(Doug Miller) writes:

Reference please? Most "satellite data shows cooling" sites only give
the information from Spencer and Christy's original work. I will try to
look up a reference, too. The IPCC 2001 assessment is getting rather dated
now (its graphs of satellite temperatures show warming), and I thought I
had some links to more recent things, but I'll need to dig a little more.

Found it.

http://gristmill.grist.org/Story/2006/10/31/223318/86

Shows satellite records up to 2005, some of the recent changes in
analysis, etc. Also has a pointer to realclimate.org for more technical
details.

Interesting, the chart shows average temperature changes from 1979 to
2001 of -- get this -- NOTHING! Actually, the chart indicates ground
measurement of about a tenth of a degree increase, and satellite
measurements of about a tenth of a degree decrease, with fluctuations
more than fifteen times that much. Which leads to the question, what is
the margin of error? Can we really measure whatever they're trying to
measure with enough precision to state with any accuracy that global
temperatures had a long-term trend that either decreased or increased
during those two-plus decades? And it makes me wonder, what would the
chart look like if we were able to accurately extend it back for, say,
5,000 years?