Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Ode to Hardware Stores

"Olebiker" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 28, 6:26 pm, "Leon" wrote:
The Borg is cheaper than your hardware store?????

I have a local hardware store that beats the pants off the local Borg's
pricing, on most everything I buy there.

On the exact same item?

Yeah, the exact same brand/item. I was shocked to learn this also but about
3 years ago the owners pointed this out to me and I have been checking them
regularly. They price shop the Borg's regularly. Normally the savings are
double digit percentages so if I am starting out from home I go to the
hardware store.
They have been in business for 40+ years in the same location and expand the
store every 3 or 4 years. Their service is terrific and they carry out the
bigger items and load them in your car for you.

That would truly amaze me. The only hardware
stores I know of around here are Ace Hardware stores and all they seem
to have is Ace house brand stuff at about twice the price of the
BORGs.

This hardware store is family owned but is a member of True Value IIRC. I
see mostly name brand products in their store much the same as you would see
in the Borg.