Posted to rec.woodworking
D Smith D Smith is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

D Smith writes:

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article , D Smith wrote:
(Doug Miller) writes:

[huge snip]

There's another one. That isn't true: *ground*-based temperature monitors have
shown an increase due to increased urbanization, but *satellite* temperature
monitors show a slight decrease.

That is only true if you use the satellite record that ended in the
early 1990s (around the time Mount Pinatubo erupted, which caused a
pronounced cooling spike), and which also had errors due to such things as
satellite orbital decay, which introduced a negative trend bias. More
up-to-date satellite data and analyses confirm the warming trend.

Ummm.... no, that would be if you use current data....

Reference please? Most "satellite data shows cooling" sites only give
the information from Spencer and Christy's original work. I will try to
look up a reference, too. The IPCC 2001 assessment is getting rather dated
now (its graphs of satellite temperatures show warming), and I thought I
had some links to more recent things, but I'll need to dig a little more.

Found it.

http://gristmill.grist.org/Story/2006/10/31/223318/86

Shows satellite records up to 2005, some of the recent changes in
analysis, etc. Also has a pointer to realclimate.org for more technical
details.