Posted to rec.woodworking
D Smith D Smith is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

Lobby Dosser writes:

D Smith wrote:

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article , D Smith
wrote:

Well, increased extremes in temperature and precipitation has been
one
of the predictions. I heard that being said back in the 1970s.

Horsepuckey. Back in the 1970s, the 'panic du jour' was global
COOLING.

Thanks for confirming that your knowledge is based on nothing more
than
media speculation, which DID do write-ups on the subject in the 1970s.

...but that wasn't what the science was telling us. If you think
that
you have a SCIENTIFIC reference for claims of global cooling in the
1970s, feel free to go to the following web page:

http://www.wmconnolley.org.uk/sci/iceage/

and tell William about it. He'd be interested in knowing about it.

http://www.discover.com/issues/feb-06/rd/global-cooling/

You didn't bother looking at the link I gave to William Connolley's web
page, did you?

The Rasool and Schneider paper (from Science in 1971) is already
discussed there. I'm not surprised that you mention it though - I figured
someone would.

I'll bet you haven't read the Rasool and Schneider paper, either. It
does NOT predict a global cooling. It does some speculating, but that's
about it. Connolley's web page has the full citation, unlike the opinion
peice that is at the discover.com site.

Want to try again?