Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default OT washing machine repair DIY saga.

Actually I do not have many complaints with Whirlpool. The first repair is
probably due to the wife overloading the machine, the second repair was
probably due to improper leveling, and who can really complain about a $30
pump failing after 12 years?

The dryer I bought at the same time has never even made a funny noise yet.

Including the book I think my expenditures are something like $76. Most of
the grief I had was due either to my ignorance or the fact that I have a
very confined area to work in.

My post wasn't so much of a complaint, but rather I suspected folks would
get a chuckle out of it while remembering back to the time they had been
there done that and got the tee shirt.

--

Roger Shoaf

And you succeeded very well. I wasn't complaining either. Washers,
dryers and refrigerators seem to be very well made for the price we
pay. We've gotten 15 good years of daily use out of ours. It's just
that I've made several frustrating repairs just as you describe over
the last couple of years. I'm about ready for another 10 years or so
of the honeymoon period.

DonkeyHody
"In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice, they
are not."