Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pavers

On Feb 27, 10:55 pm, Dan Espen
wrote:
"Remi" writes:
I have a very small patch of dirt (maybe 6 ft. X 4 ft.) that I'd like to put
a few paver down on. Can I level off the dirt and simply place the pavers
directly on the dirt or should I put some gravel down first? Thanks.

The normal routine is 4 inches of rock dust, 2 inches of sand then pavers.

If you put the pavers on dirt and you don't like them that way,
you can pick them up and set them again.

If your soil is soft and muddy the pavers will sink.

A simple internet search will yield lots of websites with info on how
to lay pavers.