Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default How do you filter the water from your kitchen sink?

On Feb 27, 8:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Amanda" wrote in message
After reading someone saying at epinion.com about the PUR filter
plugging up before the end of filter life, today I thought about
boiling the water first to remove the chlorine and then cooling it
before filtering with PUR. I wonder that would make the filter not get
clogged too early.

That certainly sounds like a PITA. Just putting the water in a bottle in the
fridge will get rid of the chlorine in about 12 to 24 hours.

I don't like cold water. I will have to let it un-cold again. I have
a kettle I use all the time to boil water to put into a pot to boil
noodle and so it's pretty fast.