Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Mike Ross Mike Ross is offline

Default Building regs and conservatory conversion

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:10:25 +0000, Owain
wrote:

dg wrote:

The roof should be more than 75% transluscent for it to be classed as
a conservatory, but how will the building regs apply if the roof is
changed so that it is less than 75% translucent?

Yes. I've heard of a case where people wanted to put one of those
office-style suspended ceiling grids in to block the sun and could not.
Moveable blinds or temporary whitewash is permitted but fixed screens not.

I don't follow. A suspended ceiling is utterly non-structural - it's
interior decor. It doesn't affect the roof in any way. It's none of
the planners business surely?

Mike
--
http://www.corestore.org