Posted to alt.home.repair
lp13-30 lp13-30 is offline

Default PEX Crimping question

I have never worked with PEX. It is slowly catching on here and is being
used in some new houses, but I have no idea of the percentage using it
vs copper. I have been curious about it for some time. I worked on soda
systems for about 20 years and the lines, fittings, etc appear similar,
though they were only 1/4" and 3/8" ID, and very rarely a couple of
1/2". The fittings were all stainless though. They used a crimp ring
that looks like the ones shown, which semed to work fine. Of course none
of it was hot--just room temperature and cold. The syrup was under less
pressure than most household water lines, but the carbonated water was
more. Anyone in here familiar with soda systems (and PEX) who can tell
me about the differences/similarities of the two? Thanks Larry