Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default What is an acceptable way to extend concrete steps?

Dirt.

To be a bit more technical- select fill compacted to a Proctor
density of about 95%. Footings for the perimeter, pour the side
walls monolithically with the stairs or poured separately,
stripped, filled with select.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Jack" wrote in message
My front entry consisted of three concrete steps onto a landing.
The whole business is about 3' high with the landing about 4' x
4'. I like to extend the existing staircase horizontally form an
existing width of 4' to 8'. I could pour the new concrete to
match but that's a lot of concrete to mix. How do you guys do
this? Use concrete blocks, dirt or some kind or rubble below the
landing and poured on top of it?