Old Nick

Default Alternative Fuels (was Cliff's Magic Bowl -10 inch OD 30 inch OD Circumference)

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:14:27 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

There was one claim here, I can't remember by whom, that solar power
actually had a negative _energy_ valkue,

I don't know what the present status is, but that was the case at least 15
years ago. Someone I talked to around that time who seemed to know what he

I challenged the poster to provide backup, and heard no more. I wish I
had.

I _want_ to believe that solar power is worthwhile!

I used economic, _very_ loose extrapolations, sort of "each level
makes 100% on their costs" type of stuff, based on an el cheapo
battery-topper-upper, and it did not look good.

I do know I that when I started to talk of "alternative" energy
sources when thinking of having to connect to the grid by paying for a
kilometre of line, a friend and co-worker of mine, a qualified
Electrical Engineer who also lived an unusual lifestyle, said
"No"....in four words....one of which had 7 letters....the rest had 3
each. G

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?