Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

On Feb 27, 6:21 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
The problem with that notion is the assumption that we *can* do something
about it. Suppose, for example, that global warming is real and is due
*entirely* to increased solar output. What are we going to do, install a
dimmer switch on the sun?

Actually, it's not totally out of the question. Theoretically you could
put one or more large mirrors between the earth and the sun and maybe
even use the reflected light for a power-generation plant.

Here's an article that discusses this and related concepts.

http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/18175/

Chris