Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Richard is offline

Default Artificial Mica Lampshades for theater

On Feb 26, 6:20 pm, "dale martin" wrote:
I was assuming that the lamps would be a low wattage household type
bulb and not an intense theater light. For short term temporary use
with a household type bulb and the standard bulb to shade distance, I
don't think the plexiglass would be hazardous, however I would err on
the side of caution.

On Feb 26, 5:12 pm, Andy Dingley wrote:

Yes, the lights will be just regular low wattage bulbs, probably 60 or
75 watt. They are not intended to be used for any practical lighting,
just ambiance during scene changes. The theater is small and we are
not using a curtain, so the lights just dim during scene changes and
the lamps will give off an amber glow.

Thanks for all the help!
Richard