Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Over-claimed efficiency of CFL energy saving light bulbs

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
I want light, of a "colour" I like at the minimum cost over the life of
the fitting.
|!
|!If you are attracted by the "eco" argument, the one that suggests that
|!by buying a more expensive bulb the outlay over time is reduced and
|!you don't care about light quality then fine.

There are several "colours" of lights available.

How many do I have to buy to find one I like then? I agree there are
lots out there but none that I've seen have the output spectra printed
on the box, rather they have meaningless terms like 'warm' or 'natural'
on them. If I buy an incandescent I *know* that a pearl is going to
perform in a certain way.
--
Clint Sharp