AlexD AlexD is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenplay
My older home has a bathroom sink faucet unit made by Eljer, which is
leaking hot water from the spout. With other faucet units, I would
usually just pry off the cap on the hot water handle and loosen the
screw to get to the washer. However this handle does not have a cap.
Instead the handle is a solid unit shaped kinda like a mushroom. How do
I get to the washer under the hot water handle? I am reluctant to
force it off because I don't want to break or bend anything. Thanks for
any advice.
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, but I signed up, just because I can answer this question.

There is a slot on the side of the handle. This will be under the mushroom. Just stick a screw driver in the slot & push. Then the handle will lift off.

Once the handle is removed, then you will see a set screw to remove the handle adapter. Once the adapter is removed, then you will need a plumber's wrench (or other deep socket wrench) to remove the stem assembly/cartridge. Then once you have this removed, then you will need a "square wrench" to remove the seat at the bottom of the cartridge. a square wrench looks a lot like an alan wrench, but there are only 4 sides.

The style of this faucet is the "Ultima". Possible sources for these repair parts:

www.brasscraft.com
www.plumbingpartsdepot.com
www.watertownsupply.com

-alex