Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Making an Ocean Washer/Dryer Dry Faster

"Computer Guru" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have an Ocean Washer/Dryer combo, and it's the best washer I've ever
owned - it takes 3 hours to finish a wash cycle, but it produces
amazing results. Thank god for European front-loading washers.

I only wish the dryer was half as good. It takes 3 hours to dry
clothes to 95% dryness - my old White Westinghouse finished in 45
minutes.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that it's a
washer/dryer combo, but I'd like to make it hotter - a lot hotter.

It's an electric, front-loading Washer/Dryer combo. It does *not* have
a ventilation pipe for the dryer, this one just uses a tube to get the
water out.

It heats up, but obviously not enough. Is the fact that it doesn't
have a ventilation pipe and instead relies on getting the liquid water
out a testimony to the fact that it can't/wasn't meant to get hotter
than it does now?

Basically, I'm looking to either tweak the voltage or replace the
heating element with a more powerful model. Does anyone know if this
is possible on a ventilation-less dryer?

BTW, who makes Ocean? I can't seem to find anything about it online,
it's an Italian brand and it's not (in my experience) cheap quality.

Thanks.

There's nothing you can do to change the way it works. Where do you live?
I'm asking because I'm curious what other brands were available to you when
you were choosing a machine.