Posted to alt.home.repair
Computer Guru Computer Guru is offline

Default Making an Ocean Washer/Dryer Dry Faster

Hi,

I have an Ocean Washer/Dryer combo, and it's the best washer I've ever
owned - it takes 3 hours to finish a wash cycle, but it produces
amazing results. Thank god for European front-loading washers.

I only wish the dryer was half as good. It takes 3 hours to dry
clothes to 95% dryness - my old White Westinghouse finished in 45
minutes.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that it's a
washer/dryer combo, but I'd like to make it hotter - a lot hotter.

It's an electric, front-loading Washer/Dryer combo. It does *not* have
a ventilation pipe for the dryer, this one just uses a tube to get the
water out.

It heats up, but obviously not enough. Is the fact that it doesn't
have a ventilation pipe and instead relies on getting the liquid water
out a testimony to the fact that it can't/wasn't meant to get hotter
than it does now?

Basically, I'm looking to either tweak the voltage or replace the
heating element with a more powerful model. Does anyone know if this
is possible on a ventilation-less dryer?

BTW, who makes Ocean? I can't seem to find anything about it online,
it's an Italian brand and it's not (in my experience) cheap quality.

Thanks.