Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent 13 not equal to a normal 60

On Feb 27, 1:02 am, Fay wrote:
allan wrote :

I have been replacing my 60s with cfl 13 which say they are
equivalent, they are not the 60 is much brighter. Has anyone else
noted this?

I bought some that were labeled soft white. They were not very bright. I
went back and bought some labeled bright white and they are very close to
the 60s I replaced.

You have to be careful with this, as light may be of different
spectrum that you may not like. I had to put a pair of these on the
porch because wife objected to light.

Also buy by lumens or light output and not advertised wattage
equivalent.
As others suggest, I buy the slightly higher wattage cfl's which put
out more light and still save a lot of money.

Frank