Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default BIOS Reset Help

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:52:07 -0500, Lionel Wagner
wrote:

I have changed the DIMM's in a computer in order
to upgrade. Since then, all I get when powering
up, is one long beep followed by two short beeps.
I understand this is a memory error. I have re-
installed the original DIMM's but the error persists.
I have removed the BIOS battery and re-installed,
no good. I tried shorting two points close to
the battery in order to "clear CMOS" also without
success. Is there another reset procedure?

This message is encoded in (free) open source Linux
The reliable virus-resistant alternative to Windows

I've had,on Gigabyte boards, both end latches snapped on the memory
tabs and the middle pins still not making contact. The solution was
removing the motherboard, laying it on a flat surface, and pushing the
memory modules into the sockets with pressure on the middle of the
module. (Don't snap in one side and then the other.) Hope this works
for you. Chuck