Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
newsBOEh.2656$KE2.1036@trnddc06...
"Swingman" wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

While I'm far from being a hysterical eco-acolyte, the facts cited
above ARE facts.

Here are more for you to give some thought to:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Good link. I worked on a project with Schneider many, many years ago.

My sympathies ... :

Environmental Scientist: Dr. Stephen Schneider

"Dr. Stephen Schneider, who received his Ph.D. in Plasma Physics from
Columbia University, served as a climate researcher for the National Center
for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado for two decades. Schneider is
one of the most ardent advocates of the Global Warming Theory, the
proposition that a build-up of CO2, methane and refrigerant gases in the
atmosphere could lead to a cataclysmic rise in earth's temperature. He
joined the faculty of Stanford University in 1991.

Schneider is regularly sought-out by journalists to comment on climate
matters despite the fact that his analyses are unreliable. In the early
1970s, for example, Schneider rejected the Global Warming Theory, writing,
"Temperatures do not increase in proportion to an atmospheric increase in
CO2." He even went as far as to predict that a "Little Ice Age" would
occur -- It didn't. The Global Warming Theory, which Schneider currently
endorses, now also appears to be incorrect. The most recent data suggests
that the planet is in fact cooling, not warming.

Schneider's blunders are not surprising. He once commented, "Looking at
every bump and wiggle of the record is a waste of time... So, I don't set
very much store by looking at the direct evidence."

Selected Schneider Quotes

"A cooling trend has set in, perhaps one akin to the Little Ice Age." -
Twenty-year-old Schneider quote cited in the Washington Times, June 12, 1992

"Temperatures do not increase in proportion to an atmospheric increase in
CO2... Even an eight-fold increase... might warm earth's surface less than
two degrees Centigrade, and this is highly unlikely in the next several
thousand years." - from paper Schneider co-authored in 1971 cited in
Environmental Overkill by Dixy Lee Ray (1993)

"[Global warming linked to emissions of CO2, methane and other gases] is a
scientific phenomenon beyond doubt. It's only a question of how much warming
there will be." - Quoted by David L. Chandler of the Boston Globe, January
23, 1989

""It is journalistically irresponsible to present both sides [of the global
warming theory] as though it were a question of balance. " - Quoted in the
Boston Globe, May 31, 1992

"Looking at every bump and wiggle... is a waste of time.. I don't set very
much store by looking at the direct evidence." -Quoted in the Washington
Times, June 12, 1992

"[We] have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of us has to decide
what the right balance is between being effective and being honest." -Quoted
by Dixy Lee Ray in Trashing the Planet (1990)"

Too damn bad you just can't be "honest".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07